Today’s simple Christmas card design is made with the Making Christmas Bright Bundle which includes the stamp set and the Christmas Bulb Builder Punch punch from the 2018 Holiday Catalog. This product bundle is retiring on 1/2/19. These products will still be available, just not as a bundle which saves you 10%!
This project was one of the three cards featured at my Holiday Cards Stamp-a-Stack event. I CASE’d (copy and share everything) the layout from a swap but added a few details of my own.
I used the Joyous Noel Designer Series paper for the punched bulbs and for each one, I made sure to include some of the copper accents. The close up below really shows off this gorgeous paper and the other copper elements too.
A few more project details:
- The stamped images below each bulb were heat embossed with copper embossing powder.
- A Bronze Blends Alcohol marker was used to color the rhinestone jewels, which gave them a warm tone similar to copper.
- The bulbs were attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I created a template for class participants, to help make creating the “string” for the bulbs. One of the dies from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits was used to create the template.
The template measures 2-3/4″ x 4-1/2″. It’s the same width as the focal piece to make it easy to line up. It measures 2-3/4″ from the top of the scallop to the bottom of the template. This will put the top edge of the rounded part of the “string” about 1/2″ down from the top.
Tip: If you don’t have the scallop die but want to create your own template I’d recommend you start with a piece of cardstock that measures about 2-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ and then securely attach three punched circles so they are spaced evenly, and centered across the top. Approximately 1/2″ of the circle will be above the top of the cardstock base of your template. A 1-1/4″ circle punch should work well for this. I’d recommend testing out your template on scratch paper before using it for your card. 🙂
Here’s another close-up of my simple Christmas card design:
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today! Ahead you’ll find a complete supply list and project dimensions as well. I’ve also created a quick video tutorial which you’ll find below.
Check out the other two cards that were part of my Holiday Cards Stamp-a-Stack. Links to these blog posts are here:
- Click HERE to check out my Elegant Homemade Christmas Card using the Dashing Deer Stamp Set.
- Click HERE to check out my Stampin’ Up! Stamparatus Trick Card using the Beautiful Blizzard Bundle.
The Holiday Cards Stamp-a-Stack is available as a Class-To-Go Kit while supplies last! You’ll find details later in this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today!
Check out my Video Tutorial Here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please pop on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful!!! Plus, if you click on the little bell on YouTube, you’ll be notified whenever a new video goes live on my channel.
Holiday Cards Stamp-a-Stack Class-to-Go
- The class includes materials to make 9 cards, 3 each of 3 designs. Cardstock and designer paper pieces are cut, die-cut or punched as needed for each card. Embellishments are also provided.
- PDF’s with Supply Lists and Dimensions will be provided plus video tutorials.
- You’ll need to provide your own stamps, ink, tools, and adhesives.
- Get this class for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise in my Online Store using the current hostess code. Do NOT use Hostess Code IF your order is $150 or more!
- Once you’ve placed your Online Order send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2018HOLIDAYSAS
- Class-To-Go Kits are only available WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
- This offer can’t be combined with any other offer.
- Click HERE to shop now!
More Going On Now…
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares being offered NOW!
- Preorder period ends 1/4/19!
- Click HERE to learn more about these unique product shares!
- Shares will be filled and distributed in January.
- Year End Close Out Sale happening NOW! – Holiday Catalog Items Retiring 1/2/19!!!
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/27/18 at 4 pm EST
- These events include all the latest updates plus, a project and/or technique demonstration too!
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Make sure to click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to Shop Now
Current Hostess Code:
Click Below to see the 2018 Holiday Catalog PDF
Click Below to see the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
- Card Body in Whisper White: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Joyous Noel DSP: 3” x 5-1/2”
- Focal Backing in Merry Merlot: 3-½“ x 4-¾”
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 3-¼″ x 4-½”
Leave a Reply