In today’s post, I’ll be sharing some simple DIY cards made with the Woven Threads Product Suite.
These DIY cards also feature the NEW 2019 – 2021 InColors and were the focus of my Facebook Live event yesterday. In the Facebook Live video, I’ve also shared the new products I received in my Stampin’ Up! box yesterday, including some of the gorgeous new designer series papers that I have not previously shared. Check out the video ahead for all the details.
My projects were inspired by my newest team member, Kimy who joined just a few days ago. Yay Kimy!
In my conversation with her this week, I learned that she especially likes the Woven Threads product suite. So, I just had to make her a card with these products. She’ll receive one of these welcome cards, in her welcome packet from me. You’ll find a link ahead if you’d like to learn more about becoming a Treehouse Chick!
This is the card for Kimy:
I’ve made four versions of this card. While these are really simple DIY cards, there are a couple of little details that you might like to know.
In the close up photos ahead you should be able to see these special little details!
- Sponging was used in various places on some of these cards, to soften and frame some of the edges.
- The bottom portion of the Rococo Rose and Pretty Peacock panels are stamped with a few images from the Woven Heirlooms Stamp Set. I’ve done some stamping off as well. Check out my video ahead for all the details.
- On the cards with the White Flax ribbon, it is cut down the middle to get a thinner strip of ribbon for across the front.
The other versions of these DIY cards were done using Pretty Peacock as the primary color.
I made three versions with this color, as you can see here:
Here are some photos to get a closer look at each of these cards.
I’d be curious to know which you like the best of these three versions and which color scheme you prefer. Please leave a comment and let me know.
Don’t you just love that little flourish image stamped on the sentiment piece? I do!
I’ve used that same little flourish image for stamping on the bottom section of the Pretty Peacock cardstock. Doesn’t the stamped piece sort of look like designer paper? Check out how the sponging on the edges of the Pretty Peacock cardstock softens the edges and adds to the vintage look of this design.
On this next version, I sponged on the sentiment piece but not on the card base.
The Pretty Peacock is so pretty with the crisp white, don’t you think?!
The Pretty Peacock cardstock is sponged on this card just like in the version above.
Last but not least, I’ve added a small strip of designer series paper to the inside of each of these cards.
I love when a card is decorated on the inside too!
Thanks for spending some time with me today! I hope you’ve enjoyed these projects.
Would you like to receive one of these cards in the mail, plus lots of other perks too? All you have to do is buy the Starter Kit to join my team.
If you join, you’ll get a 20% discount on all your Stampin’ Up! purchases, plus lots of other perks and benefits too! It’s a great deal and there’s no long term commitment or penalty for dropping. To learn more about purchasing the starter kit click HERE.
If you’d like to recreate these projects or buy the products I’ve used, you’ll find a complete supply list and project dimensions near the end of this post.
Have an awesome day and Happy Crafting!
Check out my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- TODAY IS THE LAST DAY to… Get Hostess Benefit WithOUT Hosting AND… WithOUT Spending $150! with my… Annual Catalog Special Offer!!!
- Celebrate the launch of the New 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog and get hostess rewards plus FOUR additional gifts too!
- Place your qualifying order by Friday, June 14, 2019
- Click HERE to find out more!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too!
- Click HERE to subscribe!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the NEW 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below. Live TODAY!
- Seaside Spray Card Base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (Version #2 used Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake OR Whisper White)
- Rococo Rose Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ (Version #2 used Pretty Peacock)
- Woven Threads Designer Paper: 2-1/2″ x 4-15/16