Simple Fun Fold Cards are one of my favorite card types! Plus, today’s card is so easy to “make your own” using your favorite designer paper.
Who doesn’t love a little surprise when they open a card? Simple fun fold cards offer the benefit of a surprise without a lot of work. Plus, when you use designer paper everything is easier! Today’s project uses the Butterfly Bijou designer paper which was so popular that it sold out in about two weeks after it became available to customers. This is such pretty paper!
I’ve also used the Brilliant Wings Dies for the gorgeous butterfly focal element. This set of dies has a ton of gorgeous butterflies in it! This big one is my favorite! My big butterfly is attached with Mini Glue Dots down the body and I’ve used some Mini Dimensionals, that were cut in half, to attach the Wings. It’s mounted onto a piece of Just Jade cardstock that was die-cut using one of the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. Sadly, these dies are retiring as of 5/3/21 (or while supplies last). Plus, they’re selling for a discount! Wahoo!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my project today!
While this card is easy to put together you may want to watch my video for all the details and tips. You’ll find my video plus dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this blog post.
Would you like to receive the precut, scored, and die-cut pieces to make this card for FREE?
If you are eligible to receive these free card kits you’ll get the parts and pieces to make this card, plus two additional cards, depending on the size of your order. A PDF with the dimensions, supplies, and photos of each of the three projects will also be provided. Here’s a photo of the current kits:
Learn how you can get FREE Card Kits!
You can get free kits from me through my FREE Card Kits program or get DOUBLE KITS when you join my Online Stamp Club! It’s just one of the ways I thank my customers for purchasing products through my online store! Click on the links above to learn more!
Plus, first-time customers get all three kits no matter how small the purchase size!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- You Can Still Get the Butterfly Bouquet Stamp Camp PDF featuring 12 Projects! Click HERE to buy the 55 page PDF Tutorial. Kits are SOLD OUT!
- Get Last Chance Products Retiring from the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog before it’s too late!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks! I have a new special offer in September just for subscribers. Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 4/22/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make this project in my video tutorial:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Misty Moonlight Card Body: 4-1/4” x 9-3/4” scored @ 5-1/2”
- Just Jade Front Layer: 4” x 4”
- Butterfly Bijou Designer Paper Focal: 3-13/16” x 3-13/16”
- Just Jade Inside: 4” x 5-1/8”
- Basic White Inside Piece: 3-3/4” x 4-7/8”
- Misty Moonlight “Arm”: 1-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored @ 5-1/4”
- Misty Moonlight, Just Jade, and White cardstock for die-cut pieces
Hilda Burton says
Beautiful card. Thanks for the dimensions and great video. Enjoy your day!
Melissa Kerman says
Thank you Hilda! I’m glad you enjoyed these. Happy Crafting!