In today’s post, I’ll be sharing a two-fer pair of projects made with the Stampin Up A Touch of Ink Stamp Set! This set is FREE with qualifying orders until 2/28/21!
I’ve actually created my cards in two different color schemes. The first one uses bold, bright colors and the second one features softer more vintage-like colors. I like how both turned out but after you see them I’d love to know what you think. It has been fun to play with my Stampin Up A Touch of Ink Stamp Set with these two color schemes. The pair of projects in this first photo were made with Pacific Point, Gorgeous Grape and Granny Apple Green Ink.
Each image is created with two layers of stamped shapes with the outline being full ink and the “colored in” portion being second ink. Stamping off your first layer of ink on your scrap paper, and using the residual ink left on the stamp, offers a great way to get lighter tones of the same ink.
For my sentiment pieces here I’ve used a stamp from the Happy Thoughts Stamp Set. On the butterfly version I’ve sponged around the outside edges of the sentiment piece.
For both cards I embellished with some Wink of Stella on the butterfly, hummingbird and on the flowers. The script image comes from the Very Versailles Stamp Set and is stamped in Gray Granite ink, in first and second inking.
So you may be wondering, where does the two-fer come into play?
Well, I actually stamped both focal pieces at the same time!
- I started with one large piece of card stock that measured about 5″ x 8-½” and stamped the hummingbird in the upper right hand corner and the butterfly in the upper left hand corner.
- Then one flower was stamped on the right to align with the hummingbird and one flower was stamped on the left to align with the butterfly.
- Next the foliage was stamped to wrap around the flowers without overlapping.
- Then additional flowers and foliage was stamped down the middle building out from the first stamped images.
- I then cut off a 3-½” piece from each end to use for my focal pieces.
- The middle piece just gets discarded.
The cards you have just seen were not actually the first ones made with the Stampin Up A Touch of Ink Stamp Set!
The first version I made used six different ink colors instead of just three and has a slightly softer look because of the color choices. The cards below were made with Misty Moonlight, Seaside Spray, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz. Instead of stamping off I simply used lighter colors to “color in” these images with my stamping.
For these two versions the sentiment comes from the Stampin Up A Touch of Ink Stamp Set.
For this sentiment I also chose to create a banner cut and again sponged the edges. This photo also shows the Wink of Stella on the flowers really well.
You may also have noticed that on the Butterfly versions of my cards I chose to tie the Gorgeous Grape Sheer Ribbon with the tie at the bottom rather than at the top. This spot seemed more aesthetically pleasing so that it wasn’t so close to or on top of the butterfly image.
On this last card I’ve added one additional element. Can you see the three clear Elegant Faceted Gems?
In this close up you may even be able to see the faceted shape of these pretty embellishments.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my two-fer project with the Stampin Up A Touch of Ink Stamp Set!
As a reminder, you have until 2/28/21 to get this stamp set for free with a $100 merchandise order in my online store.
Plus, when you place an order of $50 in merchandise or more, using my current hostess code you’ll get to pick a gift from me also. Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case you still get a gift from me plus you’ll get hostess rewards too!
Here are this month’s gift options:
At the end of this post, you’ll find a video tutorial plus dimensions and supply lists for these cards. The supply list includes links to my online store for your convenience! Keep in mind, in the video I’ve shared a second card layout featuring the Stampin’ Up! A Touch of Ink Stamp Set. There will be a separate blog post for that project coming soon with dimensions and a supply list.
More Going On Now
- NEW Playing with Rubbing Alcohol Technique Class Preorder Happening Now! Join the LIVE event for only $10! Click HERE to learn more.
- Technique Class Subscription and Technique Club Options Available only through Wednesday 2/17/21!
- Sale-A-Bration is Happening NOW! Get FREE products when you buy, host, and join!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 02/18/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Get Free Products during Sale-A-Bration when you Shop, Host, or Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit!
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make this project and one additional card in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 13 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Card Body in Highland Heather: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Gorgeous Grape Layer: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- White Focal Piece: 3-1/2″ x 5″
- Sentiment Piece in White: 1/2″ x 2-1/8″
- White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Connie Allard says
I recently got this now retired stamp set and found your idea on Pinterest. I Love this two-fer! Thanks for sharing your ideas. I’m hoping to use this for our card making ministry at my church. -Connie
Melissa Kerman says
I’m so glad you enjoyed this two-fer idea and you have a plan to use the design for your church. Wonderful! Happy Crafting!