Did you know that the Stampin Up Sale A Bration 2021 promotion is happening NOW? It’s an awesome promotion because there are multiple ways to qualify for FREE products! So fun right?!
In today’s post, I’ll be sharingtwo projects made with the Delicate Dahlias Stamp Set which is my favorite Stampin Up Sale-A-Bration 2021 item. I love this stamp set for several reasons but I especially love it for the versatility of the images. It’s a 2-step stamping set but the images can also be used on their own. The projects in this post will show a few of the fun ways to use these images.
For this first card, some of the images are created using two images stamped one over the other (2-step stamping) and others use only one stamp to create the final image.
To create this focal piece I started by stamping theoutline image of the large flowers in Gorgeous Grape Ink onto a piece of Vellum Cardstock. Then I applied Highland Heather ink over the top with the second image, to essentially “color it in”.
One of the great benefits of 2-step stamping is that instead of taking a lot of time to color in an image you can simply stamp the color right over the top. I love that!
After I had the placement of the large flowers, I stamped my foliage using Just Jade ink but I stamped off the first layer of ink before stamping on my Vellum to get a more subtle shade of the Just Jade. There is a second foliage image that’s an outline for the leaf but I chose not to use it to stay with my softer look.
For the small flowers, I’ve used just one image with Highland Heather ink and stamped with first and second inking. These flowers sort of fade into the background and add to the soft feel of the focal piece.
The Vellum is mounted onto a slightly smaller piece of white cardstock and the Gorgeous Grape cardstock is attached to the card base with Dimensionals. It’s justified this Gorgeous Grape piece to the right side to leave enough room for the ribbon on the left.
Just Jade Blends Alcohol markers were used to color the Gingham ribbon shown here. The gingham felt busy to me and so I colored it to get a solid color. I wanted the ribbon to be more of an accent so it wouldn’t pull the eye to look at it, instead of focusing on the stamped piece.
Note: Watch my video at the end of this post to learn a tip for attaching the freefloating piece of ribbon as shown on this card.
To finish off my focal piece I added three Elegant Faceted Gems for an added elegant touch. I adore these gems!
My second card shows that you don’t have to use 2-step stamping with the Delicate Dahlias set to get a beautiful result!
For this monochromatic card I used Highland Heather ink for the large flower, just like for this same image on the first card. I did not use the outline stamp so you can really see how beautiful this image is all by itself. On this version the Vellum and white cardstock in behind, are both the same size. The vellum is offset just a bit so we can see some of the white for a slightly different look.
I’ve stamped the smaller flower in Gorgeous Grape ink in both first and second inking. Using the darker color allows this smaller flower to show up so much better, and we’re really able to see how pretty this little image is.
All the left side of my card, I’ve used two different ribbons for some added texture and shine. These are such pretty ribbons!
The smoky slate ribbon is cut down the long way and attached directly to the front of the card using an adhesive sheet. This Highland Heather ribbon was done the same way. Learn more about how I did this element in my video tutorial ahead.
Here’s my second card with the lovely Delicate Dahlias Stamp Set. In addition to the great flowers and foliage, it’s got some great sentiments too!
As a reminder, this stamp set is available as one of 10 Free item you can get during Sale-A_Bration.
Most items are available Free with your merchandise order of $50. The Delicate Dahlias set is one of two level 2 items. To qualify to get these items your merchandise order must be $100 or more. There are more details about this promotion ahead.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my Delicate Dahlias projects from the Stampin Up Sale-A-Bration 2021 promotion!
These were so fun to make and I hope you’re inspired to create!
At the end of this post you’ll find my video tutorial, project dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store. If you don’t currently have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator I’d love to be yours! Thanks in advance if you decide to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through me!
More Going On Now
- Do you want FREE Stampin’ Up! Products? If so, check out the details of Sale-A-Bration below!
- SAVE THE DATE! The next Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Event is Happening on 10/2/21!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Become a Stamp Club Member and Receive FREE Project Kits Plus FREE Products! Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 09/9/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
During Sale-A-Bration you can Get FREE Items when you Buy Products, Host a Party and Purchase the Starter Kit!
Here are the basic details:
- Customer Benefits:
- For each $50 in merchandise you spend you earn a Level 1 Free item.
- For each $100 in merchandise you spend you earn two Level 1 items or one Level 2 item.
- Host Benefits
- Get a Free Stamp Set called “In Your Words”, when you host a party with $300 in sales or more.
- That’s in addition to the regular host rewards you earn.
- Get Host Rewards for your own order or request a host code below to gather orders!
- For Starter Kit Purchasers
- Get $125 in Products for just $99 plus tax PLUS,
- Get a FREE Bundle! There are 12 bundles you can choose from the new mini-catalog!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click below to see the July to December 2021 Mini Catalog!
See the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking on the photo below!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
Learn how to make this in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 4 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Gorgeous Grape Layer: 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic White Layer: 2-3/4″ x 5-1/4″
- Vellum Cardstock: 3″ x 5-1/2″
- Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/2″
- Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Gorgeous Grape Layer: 3-5/8″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic White Layer: 3″ x 5″
- Vellum Cardstock: 3″ x 5″
- Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/2″