The projects I’m sharing in this post feature the Stampin’ Up! Waterfront Stamp Set with my Black Ice technique. These were originally shared on my Stampin’ Up! blog in February 2018 but since that time Stampin’ Up! discontinued the blogging feature on the site. I just love these projects so I’m sharing here on my new website so the resources and information are still available to those that want them.
Today’s cards were inspired by Joyce Barlow, a fellow demonstrator who attended the quarterly event. The “Black Ice” card she made at the event was what she called a “happy accident,” because while she didn’t intend to stamp it the way she did, it turned out beautifully! I was so inspired that I had to try to recreate her beautiful focal piece which is what I have done here.
My original “Black Ice” cards have all been done using Silver Foil so on these cards I decided to mix things up a bit and try the technique using the gold and copper foil instead.
For this first card, a copper foil sheet was used for the focal piece plus Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Basic Black Cardstock for the other layers. Shimmer Black ribbon was used just below the focal piece.
In this next photo, I love how the copper foil looks like the sun is reflecting off the water. Doesn’t it also look like the sun is in the sky behind the trees?
My Black Ice technique was first shared at the North Carolina demonstrator’s quarterly event in January 2018 and it was so much fun to see people’s excitement for the technique and project. I’ll share a little bit about some of the fun we had at this demonstrator event later in this post.
A gold foil sheet was used for the focal piece on this next card.
So Saffron and Basic Black Cardstock were used for the other layers. You see less reflection in the water here, but I especially love how the stamped scene came out. It looks so serene.
For this third card, a gold foil sheet was used for the focal piece and all the elements are the same except I replaced the large So Saffron layer with a piece of Basic Gray cardstock. In fact, both the second and third cards are shown with the same exact focal piece. In one of these, the pieces are not actually attached! I had a really hard time picking which I liked better between these two. Which do you like better? Please leave a comment and let me know.
- Click HERE to see my earlier post with a similar card using the same layout.
- To see the original card I made with my mom when we first discovered this technique click HERE.
- Scroll down toward the end of this post to find my Video Tutorial for this technique.
Want a little glimpse into a fun demonstrator-only event?!
In case you’re interested I want to share a little about the NC Demos Quarterly event I mentioned earlier in this post. My team of Treehouse Chicks and Friends planned and organized this event. We worked really hard to make it amazing and feel very proud of how it all went.
There were 57 people in attendance plus 11 team members. We organized 4 shoebox swap groups (with 50 unique designs), 4 additional swaps and 6 project contests. We provided 9 planned projects, including 3 unique techniques (Black Ice was one of them), some fun folding cards and Clean & Simple projects too. There were lots of prizes, gifts and more! We also included some business development pieces including a Facebook Live with guest presenter, Patty Bennett who ranked #3 among all U.S. demonstrators in the past year! Patty was amazing and I so loved sharing the weekend with my team and the NC Demos group! I love this demonstrator community!
If you love the idea of being part of an amazing team, creating with others and being a part of a large community of creative, fun, caring people you may want to consider joining the Stampin’ Up! family. I love my growing team! Over the past year spending time with these wonderful women has been some of the most personally rewarding times since I joined Stampin’ Up! over 14 years ago! Planning this event with this talented group of women was so much fun too! Maybe you’d like to explore joining my team?! Here are a few pictures of the event planning team:
We just had to do a crazy fun picture too! As you can see we had a lot of fun!!!
Whether you’re just a little curious, ready to SIGN UP NOW, or anything in between… Here are just some of the many demonstrator perks:
- Get $125 in product for just $99 (plus free shipping)
- Get a minimum 20% discount/commission for as long as you are active!
- You’ll get to See and PreOrder New Occasions Catalog products in December 2019 for the catalog that goes live on January 3, 2019
- Enjoy a great community of demonstrators.
- Plus… There’s no long term commitment or penalty for dropping!
- Click HERE to learn more about joining the Stampin’ Up! family.
- If you have questions for me click HERE . I’m here to help!
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post.
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you’d like to purchase any of the products I’ve shown today simply click HERE to go to my Online Store OR click any of the links in the complete supply list ahead!
Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Crafting!
This project was originally part of a blog hop so I thought I’d include the links in case you’d like to check it out.
Stamp n’ Hop Blog Hop Participants:
Tracie Evans Langley
Melissa Kerman – You are here!
Check out my Video Tutorial here:
If you watch here on my blog and enjoy this video, please go to YouTube to give this video a thumbs up, share it with friends and subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I would so appreciate it!
More Going On Now
- New Technique Class Now Available! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 11/21/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code: RVWSXZ4X
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the 2019 Holiday Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Basic Black Body 5-½” x 8-½”
- Basic Gray Layer 4” x 5-¼”
- Whisper White Inside 3-⅞” x 5-⅛”
- Basic Black Focal Backing 3-½” x 4-¼”
- Whisper White Focal Backing 3-3/16” x 3-⅞”
- Silver Foil Focal Piece 3” x 3-¼”
- Black Shimmer Ribbon 4-½”
Leave a Reply