Today’s projects feature two techniques with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder.
I’ve used the Tarnished Foil Technique on one of these cards and on the other one I played with some Gel Medium for some interesting results. I had so much fun playing with these techniques with the Parisian Flourish Embossing folder!
This first card was made with my very own Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique.
Click HERE to get my free tutorial when you subscribe to receive my weekly newsletter.
For this card, I’ve started with a piece of copper foil and then completed a series of steps including dry embossing and heat embossing. For this focal piece, the foil sheet was put into the embossing folder so that the shapes are pushed out, and the flat areas are recessed. If the shapes were recessed (or pushed down) it is called debossing, instead of embossing.
I just love the texture and dimension created with this technique. Just know, as pretty as it looks here it honestly looks much better in person as it’s really hard to capture this technique well on camera.
If you’d like to see more of my Tarnished Foil Creations click HERE to see all my blog posts featuring this technique. There are multiple pages of posts!
For this next project, I played with using Gel Medium to add some color and bling to my focal piece.
Here are the basic steps for creating this focal piece:
- I started with dry embossing a piece of copper foil with my Parisian Flourish embossing folder. For this focal piece, I’ve debossed the foil so that the shapes are recessed instead of pushed up.
- Then I placed a dollop of Golden brand Glossy Soft Gel Medium onto a paper plate, added a few droplets of Bermuda Bay ink, and mixed it just a bit.
- With a palette knife, I then spread the prepared Gel Medium over the dry embossed surface so it would get into the recessed shapes.
- Last but not least, some dazzling diamonds glitter was added to the Gel Medium.
- If you try this make sure to allow several hours for the Gel Medium to completely dry.
Again, it’s really hard to capture the beauty of this project on camera. Here’s another photo to help capture it a bit more:
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing these techniques with the Parisian Flourish Embossing folder.
I hope you’re inspired to create and play!
You’ll find project dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this post. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you’ll come back again sometime soon!
More Going On Now
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape – Register by 12/14/20 to be eligible for the Early Bird Bonus drawing! Click HERE to learn more.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks! I have a new special offer in September just for subscribers. Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/3/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Silver Foil or Pretty Peacock Cardstock: 2-13/16″ x 4-7/16″
- Basic Black Dry Embossed Layer: 2-3/8″ x 4-3/16″
- Copper Foil Focal Piece: 1-7/8″ x 4″
- Whisper White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Copper Foil for Stitched Rectangle Layer
Supplies not available through Stampin’ Up!:
- Golden brand Glossy Soft Gel Medium