Most of the projects I’ve seen made with the products in the Magic in this Night Suite feature a Halloween theme but after you see my projects today you may see these products in a new way. I’ve had so much fun playing with the designer paper, metallic mesh ribbon, and black glitter paper to create some elegant yet simple all-purpose cards!
Plus, today’s projects are sneak peeks from the October Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle that features the Magic In This Night Suite!
I hope you’ll enjoy seeing what I’ve created and my “redo” projects of two of the design team members, Vicki Parsons and Patti Dolan. When I set out to create I realized I had inadvertently used most of my Magic In This Night Designer paper and Black Glitter paper on other projects. I made a pile of Thank You cards with this gorgeous paper which I’ll share later in this post. That said, I had to use what was left to make my fellow design team members’ projects. As a result, I had to change a bunch of elements on both projects.
This first project was inspired by design team member Vicki Parsons.
One of the things that I love about the Magic In This Night Designer paper is that while it has lots of Halloween-themed patterns, it has just as many neutral, all-purpose patterns as well.
All the patterns on this card work for Halloween but with just one simple change of the sentiment, this card can be used for a completely different purpose. As you can see I’ve simply changed the sentiment here.
I’ve also used the metallic mesh ribbon in different ways on each of these cards for a slightly different look. On this version, the ribbon was colored with a black sharpie to soften the shine a bit and bunched up so it would stick out on two sides.
I particularly like the metallic mesh ribbon running down the front of the Halloween card. It’s just a cleaner look plus you can really see the gorgeous texture and shine of the ribbon.
This next project was inspired by design team member Patti Dolan.
The sentiment is heat embossed in gold on crumb cake card stock. It’s one of several great sentiments in the Beautiful Autumn Set.
For some finishing touches on my wreath, I’ve added a small bow made with some copper trim and several Gold Enamel Dots in three different sizes.
The last project is my contribution to the October Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle.
It’s actually the simplest of the three designs!
I played around with a number of variations of this design including several of the patterns of designer paper in the pack.
Make sure to scroll down and see all my card variations made with the Magic In This Night Suite!
For this version, I love the touch of metallic mesh ribbon on the inside.
You should also know that this designer paper is on sale this month!
Click below to shop the designer paper sale!
Are you curious about how this design came to be and/or interested in learning about the design process in general?
If so check out the “Building Blocks of a Design Process” graphic below.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing these projects with The Magic In This Night Suite.
Here’s my pile of additional card variations made with the Magic In This Night Suite:
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering.
If you enjoyed today’s projects you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the October 2020 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 12 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order.
- If you’re not a subscriber you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! You’ll also get Free Card Kits!
- Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get hostess rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chick Team Member!
- Get $125 in product for just $99 plus free shipping!
- Click HERE to learn more about joining my team
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- NEW Glazed Mosaic Technique Class – Preorder this class NOW!
- Select Designer Series Papers on Sale NOW! – Get a 15% Discount! Click HERE to see what’s on sale.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/15/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Watch my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
The project demonstrations begin at around 5-½ minutes in case you want to jump ahead. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.