In today’s post, I’ll be sharing an unusual opening card called a triangle corner pop up card. The featured products include the Beautiful Autumn Set, Gilded Autumn Paper, and Wreath Builder Dies.
About a year ago I had the pleasure of attending a demonstrator event held in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. At that event, there were some organized swaps that, unfortunately, I was not able to participate in. Even though I did not participate in the swapping, a very sweet and generous fellow demonstrator gave me an amazing card that was the inspiration for what I’m sharing today. For the purposes of today’s post, I’m calling this a triangle corner pop up card. It’s also an easel card of sorts.
When my card is folded up it measures 4″ x 4″. I made two versions of the front of my card.
I’ve used the Gilded Autumn Speciality Designer Paper. Several of the patterns in this paper pack include gorgeous embossed metallic elements as you can see in this next photo. It’s a pretty simple card front but the metallic elements really make it special.
While the front of this card is pretty the real treat is on the inside!
Here’s my card when it’s standing up:
There is a spot to write a note under the focal piece which you’ll see in the next photo.
Below you’ll see my triangle corner pop up card when it’s completely open:
The Very Vanilla panel on the left slips under the panel with the wreath. It’s held in place by a pair of magnets that are hidden under the Very Vanilla panel and under the Brushed Metallic cardstock (under the wreath).
Tip: To see how I placed my magnets to get them in just the right position, watch my video tutorial at the end of this post.
I just love this wreath die! It comes from the Wreath Builder Dies in the annual catalog. This die cuts and dry embosses all at the same time!
Here are a few details about my focal piece:
- I carefully and gently curled the leaves on my wreaths using a bone folder.
- The Mint Macaron wreath is attached with multipurpose liquid glue to my easel mechanism. Watch my video tutorial to learn how this mechanism is made.
- The Brushed Metallic Gold wreath is attached with many mini Dimensionals cut in half.
- The sentiment is heat embossed with gold embossing powder and then attached with Dimensionals. This piece serves as a bumper so that the wreath element stands up. Using Dimensionals here is very important!
- The layer under the wreath element is a piece of Brushed Metallic card stock in what I call the white-gold color.
There are three colors of Brushed Metallic cardstock that come in a pack. I used the gold for the wreath and the white-gold for under the wreath. The third color is what I call brown-copper and it’s gorgeous too!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Triangle Corner Pop Up Card!
Please consider watching my video at the end of this post if you’d like to make one of these cards. It’s not difficult but there are some details that are just better explained in a video!
You’ll find dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this post in case you’d like to purchase any of the supplies used for this project. Several of the products I’ve used are part of the Gilded Autumn Product Suite and in case you’re not aware, if you love this suite, you can buy all the products in this suite with just one item code! That’s what I did! Click HERE to see what’s included in this suite collection.
More Going On Now
- Get & Go Starter Kit Special Happening NOW – Offer Good through 9/30/20!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks! I have a new special offer in September just for subscribers. Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 9/24/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF below.
Click below to see the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my Facebook Live and video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 4 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Card Body: 8″ x 8″ scored at 4″ to bisect both sides and score or fold to create a triangle on two corners
- Gilded Autumn Designer Paper for Front: 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Gilded Autumn Designer Paper for Inside: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ cut down the middle point to point to create two triangles
- “White-Gold” Brushed Metallic Card Stock: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Very Vanilla Sentiment Piece: 3/8″ x 3″
- Very Vanilla Inside Layer: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Gilded Autumn Designer Paper Strip for Inside: 1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Scraps in Early Espresso, Mint Macaron, “Gold” Brushed Metallic Card stock, and Very Vanilla Card Stock