Today I’ll be sharing a unique card with the To A Wild Rose Set.
This striking and unique card with the To A Wild Rose Set is not hard to make but there are a few subtle but important details you should know.
- For my first step, I used the Direct To Paper technique with my Jet Black Stazon to create the streaks of black across my gold foil sheet. This element adds some texture and interest to the background that I personally love.
- Next, I rubbed my embossing buddy over the surface of the foil sheet so when I heat embossed, my powder would only stick to the images.
- I then stamped the flower on my focal piece, and on a scrap piece of gold foil, with Versamark ink, and heat embossed with black embossing powder.
- The center portion from the rose that was heat embossed on the scrap was then cut out.
The leaves were stamped and heat embossed after the rose was heat embossed so it would be easier to see where to stamp.
- Now, in this stamp set, there are three rose images that can be layered on top of one another to create some beautiful detail in the final image. For my rose here, I’ve used one of these other images to stamp and heat emboss with clear embossing powder to create some texture and shine and essentially “color in” the rose.
- To finish off the focal piece, I simply attached the fussy cut rose center and put a gold faceted gem in the middle. These embellishments are now retired but it was just too perfect not to use on this card.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my unique card with the To A Wild Rose Set. You’ll find dimensions and a supply list at the end of this post in case you’d like to purchase any of the supplies to recreate this elegant card.
More Going On Now
- Cracked Glass Technique Class Available to purchase now! Click HERE for details!
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares Available to Preorder! Click HERE to learn more. Click HERE to see my video walkthrough.
- Year-End Close Out Sale Happening Now! Get up to 50% off on retiring products! Learn more here: https://melissascraftingtreehouse.com/year-end-closeout-sale-2020/
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape 01/30/21 – Register by 01/28/20. Click HERE to learn more.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 01/07/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
NEW January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF coming 01/05/21.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Black Foil: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/2″
- Gold Foil Layer: 3″ x 5-1/4″
- White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″