In today’s post, I’ll be sharing a unique DIY Rose Card with To A Wild Rose Stamp Set. It was created to have an antiqued look and multicolored roses. I made my own ink pad to get this look.
Two techniques were used on this card, 1) to get the antiqued background and 2) to get the multicolored flowers. The combination of these two techniques produced this truly unique DIY Rose Card with To A Wild Rose.
This card was created for my OnStage Local presentation in Charlotte, NC in April 2019. I’ve shared many of the items I showed during that presentation, here on my website. This is one of the few remaining cards I just haven’t had a chance to share yet. The funny thing is that it’s one of my absolute favorites!
To create the antiqued background I used an acrylic block with some ink and water!
I simply applied some Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Ink (using ink pads) to my “F” size large acrylic block, spritzed it with some water and stamped it onto my watercolor paper panel. It gave me a watery light brown color in the background, as I’m sure you can see here. You’ll need to allow your paper to dry before moving on to the next step.
To create my own ink pad I used ink refills in four colors on a piece of felt.
I applied the ink based on how I wanted the colors to show up on my stamp. Here’s a graphic showing how I applied my ink colors to my felt piece. By the way, I like to use Stampin’ Up! stamp cases to store and reuse my DIY ink pads!
For some added bling…
- I’ve heat embossed my sentiment in gold on a piece of Vellum cardstock, backed it with a piece of Whisper White cardstock and then added a layer of gold foil in behind.
- Some gold metallic thread was added behind the sentiment piece and last but not least…
- Five gold mini-sequins were placed here and there on the focal piece.
The To A Wild Rose Stamp Set is shown below but you should know that there is a coordinating set of dies that go with it too!
Here’s another photo that shows the dies with some other projects and stamped pieces. These are all made with some other DIY Stamp Pads I’ve created.
I sure hope you’ve enjoyed my unique DIY Rose Card with To A Wild Rose Stamp Set!
You’ll find a complete supply list with links to my online store at the end of this post. Plus, you’ll find project dimensions too! Happy shopping and creating!
To learn more about how to make your own DIY Stamp Pad in three different color combinations click HERE to check out my previous post. That post also includes links to other projects made with my homemade stamp pads!
You can also click HERE to see some additional projects made with the To A Wild Rose Stamp Set.
More Going On Now
- Faux Glazed Ceramic Technique Class PreOrder! Class Kits Available While Supplies Last. Learn more HERE!
- NEW Forever Blossoms Class Available to PreOrder NOW!
- Product Based Classes Now Available! Learn more HERE!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Click HERE for more details.
- Online Stamp Club Spots Available! Learn more HERE!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 4/23/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my video for a project made in a similar way here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Mossy Meadow Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Granny Apple Green Focal Backing: 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Water Color Paper Focal Piece: 3″ x 5-1/4″
- Gold Foil Sentiment Backing: 1-11/16″ x 2-15/16″
- Whisper White Sentiment Backing: 1-1/2″ x 2-3/4″
- Vellum Cardstock Sentiment Piece: 1-1/2″ x 2-3/4″
- Whisper White Inside Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Melissa Kerman says
Thank you Julia!