The Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder is available again!
I love this folder so wanted to take this opportunity to reshare a favorite unique handmade card, featuring this embossing folder, which was first shared on October 14, 2017, on my old Stampin’ Up! blog. Since Stampin’ Up! is taking down the blog portion of the site, I’ve picked some of my favorite posts from that blog to bring over here to my new site.
This project is made with an original technique I call the Impressions of Tarnished Foil. It’s a unique combination of heat and dry embossing using foil sheets.
I think you’ll agree… this embossing folder is just gorgeous with this technique! I LOVE this Tarnished Foil Project!
A few project details:
- The leaves are die cut from Copper and Gold Foil Sheets using the Seasonal Layers Dies and treated in a similar fashion as the process for creating the Tarnished Foil background. (There are links ahead to learn more about this technique.)
- The leaves were then shaped using a bone folder to give them the natural shape of leaves on the ground when they are starting to dry.
- They were then attached using a combination of dimensionals and glue dots (dimensionals behind the raised portions of the leaves and glue dots where they lay flush on the background piece).
Here’s another close up that really shows the fabulous texture in the Pinewood Planks background piece, the texture on the large leaf and the shape of the leaf as well.
A few more project details:
- The sentiment was stamped using a Momento Black Ink Pad onto Soft Suede Cardstock.
- The banner ends of the Soft Suede and Basic Black Cardstock pieces were cut using Paper Snips.
- I rubbed Versamark against the edge of the sentiment piece, poured copper embossing powder over it and heated it with my heat tool.
- Then I rubbed Archival Black ink along the edges of the sentiment piece to add to the distressed look.
Would you like to learn more about the Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique?
If so, here are some resources:
- Subscribe to my email list and GET my Impressions of Tarnished Foil Tutorial FREE. Click HERE to subscribe and get the download.
- Check out one of my most popular projects and posts by clicking HERE.
- Click HERE to see lots more Tarnished Foil projects in my Pinterest board dedicated to this technique.
- I also offer two Online Classes featuring this technique. Videos and projects are exclusive to the classes.
Check out my Impressions of Tarnished Foil Video Tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today featuring embossing techniques!
For your convenience, you’ll find a complete supply list for today’s project just ahead. The supply list includes links to my Online Store so it will be easy for you to find and purchase these products as you desire.
If you do not already have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and you enjoy the projects I share, I’d love to support you in your paper crafting journey!
To become a part of my community…
- Click HERE to Subscribe to my email list. Get subscriber-only perks periodically too!
- Contact me to request a catalog by clicking HERE!
- Join my amazing team of “Treehouse Chicks”. To learn more click HERE.
Please let me know if you have questions. I’m here to help!
More Going On Now…
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get
$125$155 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit during July and August 2019, plus get a $10 coupon to spend the month after you join! Click HERE to learn more.
- Holiday Catalog “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares are coming VERY SOON!
- Redeem Bonus Days Coupons that were earned in July, during the month of August! – Click HERE for details!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 8/8/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page