Today’s projects use alphabet stamps to create 4 card variations.
The Stampin’ Up! Alphabest Bundle & Wildflower Path Stamp Set are the featured products. I had so much fun playing with these alphabet stamps and the adorable coordinating punch!
Now my first card was created for the August 2022 Color Challenge and it was the inspiration for the additional three cards I’ll be sharing today. For the details about this first card click HERE to see my previous post.
Since designer paper was a key ingredient for my first card, I decided to pull out some others to play around with variations of my design.
For this card, I used some of the FREE Sale-A-Bration paper with Silver and Gold embossed patterns. There are of course no black elements in it. I figured the black stamping for the letters would be enough to tie it all together and still use the same layout and cardstock colors.
This version doesn’t have the dramatic contrast that the black provides however, the gold embossed elements are a very pretty alternative!
For the background on this one, I’ve used blending brushes at add Mossy Meadow, Mint Macaron, and Pacific point ink to the background. Light and Dark Blends Alcohol Markers were used to add color to the striped tag piece.
The tag was die-cut using one of the Tailor Made Dies. The small Highland Heather reinforcer around the tag hole also is included in this set of dies.
Now for the version above I colored a piece of the White Crinkled Seam Binding with the Light Mossy Meadow Blends Alcohol Marker. On my original version of this card below, (the one shown in my Facebook Live video), two colored ribbons were used on this tag. On the one below, I was trying to bring in some blue to the ribbon but I didn’t have a Pacific Point alcohol marker. I used Tahitian Tide instead but after I looked at it later decided it wasn’t a close enough color match. The easy fix was just to remove the second colored ribbon (as shown above).
I like this card so much more with the single Mossy Meadow ribbon! How about you?
For the “happy” portion of my sentiment I used my alphabet stamps using the exact colors as on my original card. The “birthday” portion comes from the Wildflower Path stamp set. I used a post-it note to mask the “happy” portion when it was inked up. This sentiment piece was colored with Highland Heather Light and Dark blends alcohol markers.
For this next card, instead of using designer paper for the background, I simply applied my color to a piece of basic white cardstock and stamped my images in black!
I used Mossy Meadow, Mint Macaron, Pacific Point, and Highland Heather for my background colors. Pretty right?
For the tag piece, I cut a smaller die-cut tag using the Perfectly Penciled designer series paper.
I intentionally wanted a smaller tag so it wouldn’t cover up as much of the stamped, colored background. It is just too pretty. With a smaller space to work with I used my alphabet stamps to create a shorter word, and masked another one of the stamps from the Wildflower Path stamp set for my “you”.
On this one I used two ribbons on the tag. One was colored with the light Mossy Meadow Blends Alcohol Marker and the other one was colored with the dark Mint Macaron Blends Marker.
I simply LOVE this card!
For my final card, I just had to mix up the colors a bit!
The color scheme here is Mossy Meadow, Mint Macaron and Daffodil Delight. The colored designer paper panel is from the Perfectly Penciled designer paper pack. Isnt’ this paper simply lovely?!
The colors used on the ribbon and tags are Mossy Meadow and Mint Macaron. The “You” portion of the sentiment is colored with Daffodil Delight Light & Dark Blends Alcohol Markers.
Isn’t this a fun alternative? It’s so bright and cheerful with the yellow!
So… inquiring minds want to know… Which card is your favorite? Leave a comment on this post and let me know!
All of these cards are made with the Alphabest Bundle shown below. The bundle includes a stamp set and punch and the stamp set has 73 stamps in it!!!
As you can see, it includes every letter of the alphabet, numbers, lots of symbols, and more! I love that it can be purchased as a bundle with the adorable coordinating punch. Plus, you’ll get these products at a 10% discount if you buy them as a bundle!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my cards with these Alphabet Stamps!
To recreate my project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post. For ALL the tips and tricks make sure to watch my video tutorial at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Impressions of Tarnished Foil Class Coming in August!
- Join my Technique Club before it’s too late! RSVP by 8/17/22! Click HERE to learn more. Click HERE to join the club!
- Get a Discount when you Buy a 3-Class Technique Class Subscription. Click HERE to learn more.
- Sun Prints Class To Go PDF NOW Available as an Instant Download! Learn more HERE! Click HERE to Purchase the PDF!
- Did you Miss the Summer Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape? You can still get in on all the fun in the Private Facebook Group! Learn more by clicking HERE. Buy the event NOW by clicking HERE!
- Join my TEAM NOW and get your first Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape for FREE! Learn about the current Starter Kit Special by clicking HERE!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Sale-A-Bration 2022 – Part 2 Happening Now! Shop by clicking HERE!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 08/18/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Buy the Starter Kit during Sale-A-Bration and get an extra bonus item!
- Get a minimum 20% discount on all your orders plus lots of other benefits too!
- Click HERE to learn about the perks of joining my team.
- Learn about the current Starter Kit Special by clicking HERE!
- Sale-A-Bration lasts until August 31, 2022!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Host Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND perks from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
July to December 2022 Mini Catalog PDF is NOW LIVE!
Sale-A-Bration is Going on NOW through 8/31/22!
Click to check out the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog PDF!
Learn how to make these cards using alphabet stamps in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 12 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Pacific Point Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 4″ x 5-¼”
- Black and White Designer Paper: 3-⅞″ x 5-1/8″
- Black and White Designer Paper for die-cut tag
- Basic White Sentiment Piece: ½” x 1-7/16″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-¼”