The stunning project in this post features a vintage collage made with the Very Versailles Stamp Set, a new item in the 2019 – 2020 Stampin’ Up! Catalog.
I just love this set and have been having a blast playing with it! There are lots of steps involved in making this card but they’re all easy and quick! I started with stamping my script image as an anchor point and then stamped all my images to fit around it to create my vintage collage.
For this card, I’ve used Mossy Meadow, Sahara Sand, Terracotta Tile (part of the 2019 – 2021 In Color collection) and Versamark Ink Pads. For the cardstocks, I used Mossy Meadow, Very Vanilla and Cajun Craze.
The Terracotta Tile and Cajun Craze coordinate very well together. In the video ahead I showed these colors in cardstock, side by side, so you can really appreciate the difference. You may be able to see in the close-up photos ahead how the stamped Terracotta Tile image looks lighter than the Cajun Craze cardstock.
I’ve used two stamp sets and some coordinating dies to make this vintage collage card. Most of the images used are from the Very Versailles stamp set but the two images from the Beauty Abounds Set really finishes off this card beautifully. The gold heat embossed butterfly and gold specks are created using images from the Beauty Abounds Set and the butterflies are die cut using the coordinating Butterfly Beauty Dies. The tiny butterflies are die cut from a piece of gold foil.
I just love the gold elements in this card! The card was pretty before the gold was added but after I added the gold, it went from pretty to simply stunning!
All the steps for making this vintage collage style card are in my Facebook Live video toward the end of this post.
While I did not show it in the video, I did stamp on the inside of the card to finish it off. The foliage is stamped in Mossy Meadow using second inking.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project! If so, you might LOVE my August Technique Class, which features some fun Distressing Techniques using the Very Versailles and Tasteful Textures stamp sets.
Sign up for the Class-To-Go, OR participate in the InPerson Live class on 8/9/19!
This technique class includes:
- 2 techniques and coordinating technique pages,
- 6 cards (with variations on two themes),
- PDF’s for the techniques and projects and,
- two videos with instructions for doing the techniques and completing the projects.
Click HERE to learn more about my technique classes.
If you’d like to purchase any of the products recreate this card…
you’ll find project dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store just ahead.
Thanks so much for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get
$125$155 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit during July and August 2019, plus get a $10 coupon to spend the month after you join! Click HERE to learn more.
- Holiday Catalog “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares are coming VERY SOON!
- Redeem Bonus Days Coupons that were earned in July, during the month of August! – Click HERE for details!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 8/8/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my Project Video and Facebook Live here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Very Vanilla Focal Piece: 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″
- Cajun Craze Layer: 3-9/16″ x 4-13/16″
- Very Vanilla Inside Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Leave a Reply