Today’s project features the Beach Happy Stamp Set and the Rectangle Stitched Framelits. Water coloring and the Omitting M
arkers technique are used.
This project was CASE’d (Copy and Share Everything) from Tami Hewlett a fellow design team member for the Color Fusers Blog Hop. I demonstrated this water coloring project in my weekly Facebook Live event on 4/11/19.
I changed my design in a few ways with some different layering, a different sentiment and one slight variation in the water coloring.
The card on the left above uses water coloring in the same way that Tami did. For the version on the right, I added some water colored “sand” at the bottom. Click HERE to see Tami’s design.
With water coloring, each time you do it, it will turn out different. If you look at my two cards and the one Tami did that will be very apparent!
It’s part of the fun of water coloring but as a creator you’ve also got to be ok with sort of going with the flow. 🙂
So in the close up below you’ll see that the sentiment is stamped in three different colors. I’ve used Stampin’ Write markers and the Omitting Markers technique.
To learn more about this technique, watch my video tutorial just ahead. This technique can be done in a few different ways and in the video I provide important tips as well.
Here is the version that is more like Tami’s.
I like how the water coloring turned out in this version a bit better. Again, each time you water color it will turn out different!
Here’s a close up of this second card:
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today featuring the Beach Happy Stamp Set and Rectangle Stitched Framelits!
These products are both in the 2019 Occasions Catalog, which will be retiring on June 3, 2019.
We will find out on Monday 4/15/19 what will retire and what will carry over from this catalog and from the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog. You’ll find a complete supply list and project dimensions toward the end of this post.
If you love this stamp set and
framelits I’d recommend you order them before 4/15. Once the retiring list comes out items can run out quickly!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
To see more cards made with the Beach Happy Stamp Set and the Rectangle Stitched Framelits check out these blog posts:
- Two Step Stamping with Beach Happy
- Gingham Gala Tutorial Bundle Projects / April 2019 – Shows Frame made with Framelits on two cards
- Tutorial Bundle Project / March 2019 – Shows design with Framelits
Check out my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
The project demonstration starts at about 8 minutes if you want to jump forward. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
Products are Retiring and a NEW Catalog is Coming! Are you ready?
- Retiring Products List goes live on April 15, 2019!
- The 2019 Occasions catalog & 2018–2019 Annual Catalog Retire as of June 3, 2019.
- Once the retiring list goes live items can go fast!
- Get the items you love NOW before it’s too late!
- Check back on 4/15 to see the retiring list!
- The 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog is Coming on June 4th!
- Do you want a catalog mailed to you, hot off the press, in May?
- If you’ve placed a merchandise order of $50 or more in the last 6 months I will automatically mail a catalog to you!
- If you intend to place your Stampin’ Up! orders through me, I’d be happy to send you a catalog!
- To request a catalog click HERE and leave a comment with the text “Please Send me a New Annual Catalog in May”!
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares will available to preorder soon!
More Going On Now
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too!
- Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store!
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get $125 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 4/18/19 at 7 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Click on “following” and select the “see first” option, on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE.
- Storage by Stampin’ Up! is NOW Available! Click HERE to check out all the products in my Online Store!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Bermuda Bay Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Crumb Cake Strip: 1-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Watercolor Paper Focal Piece: Die Cut
- Sentiment Piece: 3/4” x 1-1/8”
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-⅞” x 5-⅛”