My project features a watercolor wash background with the Florentine Dies. This was a stamp club project and also a May/June 2019 Free Card Kit project.
Each time you do a watercolor wash background it will turn out differently, as you may be able to see from the two cards below. Also, a few additional steps were done on the card on the left to add a bit of shine and bling. These details will be explained later in this post.
This was my first version. Here are some details:
- I did a simple watercolor wash background on watercolor paper, using three of the retiring 2017- 2019 InColors; Powder Pink, Berry Burst and Fresh Fig.
- The Florentine die cut piece was attached with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Stamp the sentiment in Fresh Fig on the Powder Pink Cardstock. The sentiment comes from the Strong & Beautiful Stamp Set.
- Stampin’ Dimensionals were used in behind the Fresh Fig sentiment backing.
For this second card, I added some shine to the watercolor wash background. Isn’t it so pretty!
A few details about this version:
- After the watercolor paper is completely dry, cover the surface with Versamark, pour Clear Embossing powder over the cardstock, so that it covers the whole surface, and heat with a heat tool.
- Next, you’ll stamp the sentiment piece, however for this version I also heat embossed the sentiment. Can you see that it’s a bit shiny in the photo below? Did you know you can heat emboss in any color using just one embossing powder? If you’ve never done this before and would like to learn how you may want to check out my previous post and video by clicking HERE.
- I’ve also colored the four rhinestone jewels using the Light Rich Razzleberry Blends Alcohol Marker. They were colored before they were placed on the card.
Which version do you like best! I can’t decide because I love them both.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s cards!
You’ll find a complete supply list, and my video with lots more details just ahead. If you’re interested in purchasing any of the retiring products I’ve shared today don’t delay! Retiring items are only available while supplies last!
Thanks so much for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Check out my video tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Check out my Unique & Awesome “Taste of Suite” Product Shares!
- Preorder them NOW!
- Click HERE for more details
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too!
- Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store!
- Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Get a FREE Tutorial Bundle! – The May bundle features the Classic Garage Product Suite.
- If you are a newsletter subscriber get the tutorial bundle FREE with a $35 or more merchandise order in my online store.
- If you are NOT a newsletter subscriber get the tutorial bundle FREE with a $75 or more merchandise order in my online store.
- To qualify, you must use the current hostess code unless your order is $150 or more. In that case, you will still get the FREE tutorial bundle PLUS, hostess rewards!
- Click HERE to become a newsletter subscriber!
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get $125 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 5/16/19 at 7 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Click on “following” and select the “see first” option, on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE.
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Fresh Fig Card Base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Powder Pink Diecut Piece: 3-15/16″ x 5-3/16″
- Watercolor Paper: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Fresh Fig Sentiment Backing: 1-7/16″ x 3-3/16″
- Powder Pink Sentiment Piece:1-1/4″ x 3″