Check out this adorable Whale of a Time Fun Fold Card!
I was inspired to make this card because of a fun fold card we made at a demonstrator event back in January 2020. There’s just something special about a card that opens in a non-traditional way. Plus, this playful card layout works beautifully with this little punched whale and I knew my club members would love it! So… I decided to make this Whale of a Time fun fold card one of my three July/August 2020 Club and Free Card Kit projects.
Now I have to tell you, there was a lot of work involved in preparing kits for this card because I did all the cutting, scoring, punching, and dry embossing for 80 kits! This is how much I love my club members and customers! Isn’t this the cutest little card?
Constructing this card is actually pretty simple however, I’d recommend that you watch my video tutorial at the end of this post for some helpful tips.
Here’s a side angle view of this card:
Here you can see that it also folds up flat and fits into a standard A2 size envelope!
Some project details:
- The background panel is dry embossed with the Seabed embossing folder, one of my favorite new folders! I’ve sponged in Just Jade, Pretty Peacock, and Pacific Point ink to color my dry embossed scene.
- I used Versamark to stamp little water droplets on the whales back and fin, and also for the fish images on the Shaded Spruce circle.
- To add to the multidimensional look on this card I used various adhesives including, Dimensionals and Glue Dots.
Each adhesive offers different benefits! Some provide dimension and others just make assembly easier. Here’s what I used:
- Glue Dots were used to attach the Balmy Blue punched water pieces and the whale fin.
- Multipurpose liquid glue was used to attach the white punched whale belly piece and eye. I recommend applying the tiniest bit of glue to the whale body and then placing these small pieces on top of the adhesive. It tends to be less messy this way.
- The whale body and Pacific Point circle were both attached with Dimensionals.
I used both regular and mini dimensionals on the back of my whale to make sure I got really good coverage and my whale stays popped up.
My sentiment piece was stamped in Pacific Point ink on Balmy Blue cardstock. I just love this little sentiment paired with the whale!
Last but not least, I used the Whale of a Time designer paper for my strip along the bottom.
Kits include a variety of papers. Here are three versions made with three of the designs in this paper pack:
Here are the basic dimensions and scoring details for this card:
I don’t know about you but I am just loving this Whale of a Time Suite of products!
The Whale of a Time suite includes a bunch of products including the Whale Done bundle (stamp set and punch shown below), pool party ribbon, sequins, designer paper, and the Seabed embossing folder. Plus, you can buy the whole suite collection with just one code if you just have to have it all. Click HERE to see the suite collection.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Whale of a Time fun fold card today!
Learn how you can get FREE Card Kits!
These are the July/August 2020 Kits as I prepared to package them up:
Would you like to get FREE project kits in the mail? I’d love to send you some! Plus, first-time customers get all three kits no matter how small your purchase size!
You can get free kits from me through my FREE Card Kits program or get DOUBLE KITS when you join my Online Stamp Club! It’s just one of the ways I thank my customers for purchasing products through my online store! Click on the links above to learn more!
At the end of this post, you’ll find a video tutorial plus dimensions and supply lists for these cards. The supply list includes links to my online store for your convenience!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- New Technique Class Available to Preorder – Click HERE to learn about my Joseph’s Coat Technique Class. Preorder closes 8/15/20!
- Join a Technique Club and Get Classes for Free Plus FREE Products at the end of the Club Cycle! Join by 8/15/20!
- Buy Technique Classes as a Subscription and Get a Discount on the per-class fee. Available to purchase through 8/15/20!
- Redeem Bonus Days Coupons Now! – ENDS 8/31/20! Click HERE to Shop Now!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 8/13/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the NEW August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make this Whale of a Time Fun Fold card in my video tutorial:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Just Jade Card Body: 4-1/4” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”, 5-1/4”, 6-1/2” and 7-1/2”
- Just Jade Folding Mechanism: 2-1/4” x 3-1/4” scored at 2-1/4” and 3-1/4”
- Dry Embossed Whisper White Piece: 2-5/8” x 3-13/16”
- Pacific Point Layer: 2-13/16” x 4”
- Pacific Point Strip: 1-1/8” x 4-1/8”
- Whale of a Time Designer Paper Strip: 15/16” x 4”
- Scraps in Pacific Point, Shaded Spruce, Balmy Blue, Smoky Slate, and Whisper White
Leave a Reply