I love winter card ideas that work for the holidays and other occasions too. The Farmhouse Christmas stamp set and product bundle is perfect for this type of card.
This stamp set is retiring and will no longer be available after 1/2/19 (or while supplies last)!
I found this card on Pinterest and just had to recreate it myself! It looked simple at first glance but once I started making it I realized there were lots of little details. That said, it was totally worth the effort and so decided to use this for one of the Make n’ Takes at my team gathering. My team is always game for a project with a bit more detail and so I thought they’d really love it and of course, they did! 🙂
There’s really nothing hard about this card but there are lots of little steps and details. That’s part of what makes it such a fun card!
Here are the steps required to make this card:
- Start by stamping the house image twice, once on whisper white cardstock and the other on cherry cobbler cardstock.
- Next, die-cut the Cherry Cobbler House, white fence and two tiny little bows (also in cherry cobbler cardstock), using the Farmhouse Christmas dies. The die for the bows allows you to cut 6 bows at the same time!
- Then cut out the Whisper White house using the same die and the ground piece. Make sure the ground piece is not too tall so it doesn’t cover up too much of the fence.
- The Cherry Cobbler house was then hand cut as I just needed the two roof pieces and the door. These pieces were then attached over the whisper White House with glue dots.
- Use a blender pen and ink from the lid of the cherry cobbler ink pad to color the shutters on the house.
For these next steps, you may want to watch my video tutorial just ahead.
- Stamp the tree images a few times, on either side of the gray granite layer, with first and second inking. You may want to lay down the house so you can estimate the positioning of the trees before stamping, and then, of course, remove the die cut house, once you have a good sense of where to stamp the trees.
- Cut the fence so there will be fence posts showing on either side of the house when assembled. You’ll need to cut the fence piece in half and cut off the excess fence hanging over the edge of the focal piece.
- Then attach the fence pieces to the focal piece with the fine tip glue pen and attach the bows to the fence posts using glue dots.
To finish up this card:
- Attach the “ground” piece justified to the bottom of the focal piece and use a Wink of Stella brush to make the ground piece look snowy.
- Next, attach the house with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Lay the remaining pieces out to gauge your spacing and stamp the sentiment before the focal backing pieces are attached to the card. I justified these pieces a little toward the top to leave enough room for the sentiment at the bottom right.
- Attach the remaining pieces to finish off the card.
This card could definitely be a Christmas card but it’s also perfect for some winter card making ideas or even a winter housewarming card.
Plus, there are other sentiments in the set as well, or you could remove the sentiment altogether for a more generic winter card.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project. For additional details check out my video tutorial just ahead. There is also a complete supply list and project dimensions included at the end of this post.
Check out my Video Tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please pop on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful!!! Plus, if you click on the little bell on YouTube, you’ll be notified whenever a new video goes live on my channel.
More Going On Now…
- Get Your “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares NOW!
- Preorder period ends 1/4/19!
- Click HERE to learn more about these unique product shares!
- Shares will be filled and distributed in January.
- Year End Close Out Sale happening NOW! – Holiday Catalog Items Retiring 1/2/19!!!
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 1/3/19 at 4 pm EST
- These events include all the latest updates plus, a project and/or technique demonstration too!
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Make sure to click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Click HERE to learn more.
- Take Advantage of the Stamp n Storage After Christmas Sale!
- Get a discount on your qualifying orders as shown below PLUS, on 12/31/18 ONLY get an additional 10% off Magnet Cards.
- Here’s how the sale will work tomorrow:
- Spend under $100 – Save 10% OFF Magnet Cards
- Spend over $100 – Save $10 OFF your order total PLUS an additional 10% OFF Magnet Cards
- Spend over $200
– Save $25 OFF your order total PLUS an additional 10% OFF Magnet Cards
- Spend over $500 – Save $75 OFF your order total PLUS an additional 10% of Magnet Cards.
- After Christmas Sale discounts applied during checkout automatically.
- Coupon Code MAGNET31 required for additional savings on Magnet Cards.
- Sale excludes Starter Kits.
- Please note, I just started as an affiliate for Stamp-n-Storage so if you use this link and purchase products through Stamp-n-Storage I will get a small commission.
Click HERE to Shop Now
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click Below to see the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF
Click Below to see the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking below.
- Cherry Cobbler Card Body: 5-½” x 11″
- Gray Granite Layer: 4″ x 5-¼″
- Festive Farmhouse DSP: 2″ x 4″
- Cherry Cobbler Layer: 3-1/16″ x 4-5/16″
- Whisper White Layer: 2-15/16″ x 4-3/16″
- Gray Granite Focal Piece: 2-3/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White Inside Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Scarps in Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White for the house, fence, ground, and bows.