Today’s project features the Tarnished Foil Technique with Stone 3-D Embossing Folder! I personally think this card is gorgeous plus, it’s a perfect masculine card too!
When a new embossing folder comes out I often feel the need to play around with the Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique. Now, not all embossing folders lend themselves to this technique but I immediately knew that the combination of the Tarnished Foil Technique with Stone 3-D Embossing Folder would likely produce amazing results. I definitely found my “creative bliss” when making this project. I hope you love it too!
This technique is actually quite easy as it is simply dry embossing with layers of ink and heat embossing.
It may not look simple but I promise you that it is!
For this card, I’ve started with a Copper Foil sheet but you can use any foil you like. I especially like the metallics combined with touches of black. The black element is why I included the word “tarnished” in the technique name. You can use different metallic embossing powers too!
On this card, I used the Saddle Brown StazOn which I have not used before on any of my Tarnished Foil projects.
The Saddle Brown StazOn provides the bronze looking touches of color here and there on this card.
You may notice that the focal piece on this card is slightly different from the focal piece beside it. For this alternative piece, I used Versamark on the linear groove lines of the embossing folder, to add some stickiness in the grooves, so I could heat emboss some black in those grooves. It’s a slightly different look and an additional option for something to play with, with this technique.
Now the Stone 3-D Embossing Folder is part of the Power of Hope Bundle which is a Level 2 Sale-A-Bration item.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Tarnished Foil Technique with Stone Folder and are inspired to go create!
Check out my video tutorial at the end of this post. Plus you’ll find project dimensions and a complete supply list there too. You can also click on the button below to add most of these supplies to your cart! When you reach $100 in merchandise, you’ll have the option to add the Power of Hope Bundle to your order for FREE!
- To see more projects made with this technique check out my dedicate Pinterest Board featuring this technique.
- Click HERE (and scroll down) to LEARN ABOUT MY TWO IMPRESSIONS OF TARNISHED FOIL CLASSES-TO-GO!
- Get my Impressions of Tarnished Foil PDF Tutorial for FREE when you subscribe to receive my weekly newsletter! Click HERE to subscribe and get the FREE download!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- NEW Forever Blossoms Class Available to PreOrder NOW!
- Online Stamp Club Spots Available! Click HERE to learn more!
- Technique Club & Classes Now Available! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 3/19/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
See the 2020 Sale-A-Bration PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my video tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Soft Suede Dry Embossed Layer: 3-1/2″ x 4-5/8″
- Basic Black Layer: 3-1/16″ x 4-3/16″
- Copper Foil Focal Piece: 2-7/8″ x 4″
- Very Vanilla Inside Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″